How to Appeal a SEN Decision for Young people

On this page you will find information to help you if you are thinking about appealing a SEN decision made by the local authority.

This might be due to:

  • A decision not to start an EHC needs assessment
  • A decision not to issue an EHC plan (after an EHC needs assessment has been done)
  • You disagree with the contents of the EHC Plan (sections B, F or I)

The following guide looks at what you will need to do if you want to appeal any of these decisions.