SENDIAS Support to Schools and other Education Settings
We offer support to education settings to influence, or further improve, whole school engagement with parents carers who have children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).
Below, we outline a 3 step process for the SENCO to follow, to demonstrate the school’s commitment and good practice in working with parent carers.
As a school are you willing to:
- commit to working with parent carers as outlined in the Education Partnership Protocol (STEP 1)
- demonstrate your good practice in working with parent carers (STEP 2)
If so, then email us (email@example.com) and we will send you a link to information and resources that may help you with this process, and support you further in your engagement with parent carers.
THE 3 STEP PROCESS:
1) Education Partnership Protocol 2) Questionnaires 3) Certificate
Step 1: Education Partnership Protocol
- Download the Education Partnership Protocol (EPP) word document (below) and add your school logo in the place indicated at the top.
- Upload document to a relevant page on your website. Some schools add to the SEND policies page, some to the parent carer website area.
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know you have done this, and include the URL page link for our records.
Step 2 : Questionnaires
- Download and complete school questionnaire (below) to demonstrate the school’s good practice in communicating and working with parent carers
- Download two copies of the parent carer questionnaire (below) and get parent carer(s) of two of your children with SEND to complete.
- Send all 3 completed questionnaires to us: email@example.com
Step 3 : Certificate
- Once the completed questionnaires have met all criteria, we will send you your certificate (example to the right) for demonstrating good practice in working with parent carers
- Put the certificate up in a public place in your school for all to admire!
We appreciate that for some schools Step one can take some time if you are reliant on another department uploading the information to your website. Therefore, if you feel able to do so, you may wish to continue with Step two whilst you are waiting for the ‘EPP’ document to be added to your school’s website. You don’t need to do anything for Step 3 (if you have met all criteria) except wait for your certificate to arrive!
Certificates awarded so far:
|Amberley CofE First School||Arundel CE Primary School|
|Blackwell Primary School||Bolney Primary School|
|Broadwater C of E Primary School||Camelsdale Primary School|
|Durrington Infant School||Durrington Junior School|
|Gossops Green Primary School||Heene Primary School|
|Northgate Primary School||Parklands Community Primary School|
|Shoreham Beach Primary School||Slinfold C of E Primary School|
|Southwater Junior Academy||Southbourne Infant School|
|Springfield Infants School||St Catherine’s Catholic
|St James C of E Primary School||St Richard’s Roman Catholic
|Stedham Primary School||Summerlea Comm. Primary School|
|Thomas A Becket Infant School||Warden Park Primary Academy|
|William Penn Primary School|
If you are a school and are interested in inviting someone from the service to attend your SENCO locality group, to explain the opportunity above in more detail, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org